Name / Position
HAYASHI, Masayoshi / Professor
|1995/09-98/10||Ph.D. (economics), Doctoral Program, Department of Economics, Queen's University (Kingston, ON, Canada)|
|1994/09-95/08||MA (economics), Master’s Program, Department of Economics, Queen's University (Kingston, ON, Canada)|
|1989/04-91/03||MA (political science), Graduate School of International Politics, Economics and Business, Aoyama Gakuin University|
|1984/04-89/03||BA (political science), School of International Politics, Economics and Business, Aoyama Gakuin University (On leave: 85/04-86/03)|
|2014/06 -||Professor, Faculty & Graduate School of Economics, The University of Tokyo|
|2010/10-14/06||Associate Professor, Faculty & Graduate School of Economics, The University of Tokyo|
|2006/04-10/09||Associate Professor, School of International & Public Policy/ Graduate School of Economics, Hitotsubashi University|
|2004/04-06/03||Principal Economist, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Finance, Japanese Government|
|2002/04-04/03||Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Meiji Gakuin University|
|1999/04-02/03||Assistant Professor, Department of Economics, Meiji Gakuin University|
|1991/04-99/03||Policy Analyst, Sanwa Research Institute Corp. (On leave: 94/08-97/07)|
My work mainly includes empirical analyses of taxation, public assistance programs, and intergovernmental fiscal relations.
See ResearchGate (https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Masayoshi_Hayashi)
Other Professional Activities and Awards
Other Professional Activities and Services
- Other Professional Activities and Services
- President, Japan Institute of Public Finance (Co-president, October 2020-March 2022; President, April 2022-October 2023)
- Commission Member (special), Tax Commission, Japanese Government (2013/06-)
- JAAE Award, Japan Association for Applied Economics, November 2010
- Nikkei Prize for Economics Books, Nikkei Inc. & Japan Center for Economic Research, November 2008.
- Honorable mention, Japan Economic Policy Association, June 2006.
- Susumu Sato Prize, Japan Institute of Local Public Finance, May 2003.
- Minister's Award, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Japanese Government, August 1987.