Name / Position
YAMAGUCHI, Shintaro / Professor
Labor Economics, Economics of the Family
Professor Yamaguchi has expertise in empirical research in labor economics and economics of the family. Applying the structural estimation approach, he has written papers on job search, human capital formation, and gender wage gaps. He currently studies child development, women in the labor market, and public policies.
- “Effects of Parental Leave Policies on Female Career and Fertility Choices,” September 2018, forthcoming in Quantitative Economics
- “How Does Early Childcare Enrollment Affect Children, Parents, and Their Interactions?,” (with Yukiko Asai and Ryo Kambayashi), Labour Economics, vol. 55, pp. 56-71, December 2018.
- “Effects of Subsidized Childcare on Mothers' Labor Supply Under a Rationing Mechanism,” (with Yukiko Asai and Ryo Kambayashi), Labour Economics, vol. 55, pp. 1-17 (lead article), December 2018.
- “Changes in Returns to Task-Specific Skills and Gender Wage Gap,” Journal of Human Resources, Vol. 53, No. 1, pp. 32-70, January 2018.
- “Family Policies and Female Employment in Japan,” Japanese Economic Review, Vol. 68, Issue 3, pp. 305-322, September 2017.
- “Childcare Availability, Household Structure, and Maternal Employment,” (with Yukiko Asai and Ryo Kambayashi) Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Vol. 38, pp. 172-192, December 2015.
- “Compensating Wage Differentials in Stable Job Matching Equilibrium,”(with Seungjin Han) Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Vol.114, pp. 36-45, June 2015.(with Seungjin Han) Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Vol.114, pp. 36-45, June 2015.
- “Labor Supply and Household Dynamics,” (with Maurizio Mazzocco and Claudia Ruiz) American Economic Review: Papers & Proceedings, Vol. 104, No. 5, pp.354-359, May 2014.
- “Tasks and Heterogeneous Human Capital,”Journal of Labor Economics,Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 1-53 (lead article), January 2012.
- “Cumulative Effects of Job Characteristics on Health,” (with Jason Fletcher and Jody Sindelar), Health Economics, Vol. 20, No. 5, pp.553-570, May 2011.
- “Career Progression and Comparative Advantage,”Labour Economics, Vol.17, No. 4, pp. 679-689, August 2010.
- “Job Search, Bargaining, and Wage Dynamics,”Journal of Labor Economics,Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 595-631, July 2010.
- “The Effect of Match Quality and Specific Experience on Career Decisions and Wage Growth,”Labour Economics, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp. 407-23, April2010.
- “Wage Flexibility in Turbulent Times,”Eastern European Economics, Vol.46, No. 3, pp. 88-114, March-April 2008.